3/30/2014

Back2Basics Is Not Just My Journey, It's A Movement...

Last week something hit me, Back2Basics is not just about my personal journey…It's A MOVEMENT…



As a result of starting this blog, I decided to create an organization around Back2Basics.  Our mission is to inspire individuals to A.C.T. that is…Asses their life, Choose to Change and Take a Leap of Faith in the direction of their dream, vision and calling.
A close childhood friend, Sydnette Lopez, sent me a text including a link to watch a video.  The video, as it turns out, was of a church live sunday morning service of a well known televangelist named Rod Parsley.

I did not watch the entire service, however, about an hour into the service appeared a young woman named Shereen Osbourne, whom I came to know of through my friend. 

Shereen is a single mother of four and the epitome of why I embarked on my personal journey Back2Basics.  If you were to meet Shereen on any given day - say bump into her on the street or at the grocery store, you might never guess today that only a few years ago she was a successful hairstylist with a thriving business.

A series of events led Shereen to forsake all to pursue what she believed was God's will.  With very little money and very little support from those closest to her, she move herself and her family to a new city for a new start.

Shereen's life has not only inspired me, it has fueled my hunger and thirst for the things of God even more.  As I watched the video replay of what transpired during the service, I was reminded of God's faithfulness.  

I decided once and for all to release the embers of fear that seemed to yet burn in my soul at the thought of embracing and fulfilling all that God has fore-ordained for my life.  No matter how great or small the assignment, I have a deeper understanding of the importance of stepping into the will of God for my life without fear…with absolute abandon.

NEWSFLASH!!!  It's so important for me to be able to share stories of individuals who who are on their journey back2basics…living their dream rather than their compromise.  Soooo…. drumroll please!  Soon I'll be featuring monthly articles of individuals who have done just that...gotten Back2Basics in their lives.

I'm hoping to get an interview with Shereen in the very near future for my first article.  I count it an honor to be able to write HER STORY in HER WORDS.  Stay tuned!

In the meanwhile, you can check out the blessing that Shereen received by clicking here to watch the video that had such a profound impact on me.  You can fast forward the video approximately 60 minutes to the segment on Shereen.


No comments:

Post a Comment