10/29/2013

Surveying The Landscape Part Two - Courage For The Journey...


Rollo May said in his book Man's Search For Himself , "the opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice.  It is conformity."  

I would probably have continued on my previous path if it were not for two things...the dream and the dreamer in me.   In order to transition from doing what everyone else was doing (conformity) to doing what's been in my heart for years (passion) I've had to embrace courage. 

Courage was expedient for beginning my journey back2basics...

In the face of fear and uncertainty I yet had to dig deep within me to find enough courage to allow God to dismantle the life I felt trapped in so that I could dream with Him to build and create the one that was His original design for me.  

Joseph was a dreamer and based on all accounts of the bible he was quite confident in the gifts and abilities he knew God had bestowed upon him.  This is evidenced by how he thrived in whatever circumstance he found himself in.; whether in Potiphar's house, being in prison or serving Pharaoh in the palace.

On this journey, courage has become a thread in the fabric of my new life's foundation.  Exactly where does courage come into play?  In every situation and circumstance.  I find myself needing courage to face truth.  Courage to be proactive.  Courage to use my voice.  Courage to deal with people.  Courage to take risks.  Courage to dream.  Courage to be stretched.  Courage to be unique.  Courage to fail.

I have decided that I will no longer be imprisoned by bars of pretense, hiding and forced silence. I will respond like a healthy adult who exercises her freedom of choice, fearlessly uses her voice and confidently says YES and NO when necessary.

Now remember masks are still off...














Let me ask this.  Are you living your authentic life?  A life of passion, prosperity and purpose?  When you open the book of your life, as you peruse the pages and evaluate the chapters, what words or images do you see?  Is your story reflective of a life you chose for yourself or always dreamed of?  Or is your life marred by pretense and living up to the expectation of others?

After pondering the questions above, have you determined whether you are living an illusion or compromise of the life your heart dreams about? 

If you are living the dream, then you are among the top 5 percent of world's population.  If not...you're one of the remaining 95.

The fact that I wrote this article (like many others) speaks to my dissatisfaction of where I found myself prior to the onset of this journey  The difference is that the majority of people, roughly 80 percent, will never move beyond silent frustration to pursue their dreams at all.  So if you are on this journey with me back2basics, you've already moved into the top 20 percent.  How exciting is that!


Courage...is the first step on the journey back2basics: spirit.soul.body…

No comments:

Post a Comment